Oh Brother!!
So, Tilly was here. The next big thing in her life was to meet her brother! Finn was aware there was a baby in my tummy, and this baby had a room in his house, but how much he grasped this concept I had no idea.
So the meet was organized for the following morning. This is where I need to mention the room. Sorry, not room, but The Suite. As you walked in, you entered a large living room, with lots of comfy sofas and armchairs. Had a big television and a mini-bar……empty unfortunately! To the side was a sliding door which revealed the bedroom. It was massive again with armchairs and a flat screen TV. Can I just add at this point that all my meals where brought on a table with a damask tablecloth and a vase of orchids??! When do I want to be discharged?? Er, never!
But the best thing ever about the room was that it overlooked a huge construction site with at least a dozen diggers, countless cranes and workmen galore! Don’t think there are many people for whom that would be their ideal room, but I couldn’t have been happier!
So when Finn arrived the next day, I met him in the corridor. He ran into my arms for a huge cuddle and I showed him into the room, straight to the window that had a wide ledge that he could stand on. Really wished I had videoed it. He was in his element!

I then asked him if he wanted to see what was in the other room……pulled the sliding door open and Finn got his first glimpse of his sister. He was so excited and tried to climb up to her crib to get a closer look. He asked me to pick her up and he clambered onto the sofa where he held his arms out for her to be placed there. He then proceeded to kiss her and kiss her. Oh my God how much did I cry??! I cry just remembering it!
Tilly is a very advanced little girl. She had already been out and bought a big box of Lego Duplo for her brother to bribe him with, I mean to welcome him with, and managed to wrap it too. Finn was delighted with it and demanded it to be opened immediately. He then proceeded to share the pieces with Tilly….cue more tears!
Then in typical Finn fashion he asked for more dig digs and wanted to climb up onto the ledge again. Occasionally he would clamber down and give her a kiss, but was content with the view out of the window. And that has how it has been since. He showers her with affection, hasn’t shown the slightest bit of jealously and insists she goes everywhere he goes. The pile of presents we had prepared to shower upon him when I was breastfeeding have remained in the drawer. It is very early days we know……but so far so good! I will be reminding them of these halcyon days when they are having massive slanging matches when they’re older!
Awwwwwwwwww!
So the meet was organized for the following morning. This is where I need to mention the room. Sorry, not room, but The Suite. As you walked in, you entered a large living room, with lots of comfy sofas and armchairs. Had a big television and a mini-bar……empty unfortunately! To the side was a sliding door which revealed the bedroom. It was massive again with armchairs and a flat screen TV. Can I just add at this point that all my meals where brought on a table with a damask tablecloth and a vase of orchids??! When do I want to be discharged?? Er, never!
But the best thing ever about the room was that it overlooked a huge construction site with at least a dozen diggers, countless cranes and workmen galore! Don’t think there are many people for whom that would be their ideal room, but I couldn’t have been happier!
So when Finn arrived the next day, I met him in the corridor. He ran into my arms for a huge cuddle and I showed him into the room, straight to the window that had a wide ledge that he could stand on. Really wished I had videoed it. He was in his element!

I then asked him if he wanted to see what was in the other room……pulled the sliding door open and Finn got his first glimpse of his sister. He was so excited and tried to climb up to her crib to get a closer look. He asked me to pick her up and he clambered onto the sofa where he held his arms out for her to be placed there. He then proceeded to kiss her and kiss her. Oh my God how much did I cry??! I cry just remembering it!
Tilly is a very advanced little girl. She had already been out and bought a big box of Lego Duplo for her brother to bribe him with, I mean to welcome him with, and managed to wrap it too. Finn was delighted with it and demanded it to be opened immediately. He then proceeded to share the pieces with Tilly….cue more tears!
Then in typical Finn fashion he asked for more dig digs and wanted to climb up onto the ledge again. Occasionally he would clamber down and give her a kiss, but was content with the view out of the window. And that has how it has been since. He showers her with affection, hasn’t shown the slightest bit of jealously and insists she goes everywhere he goes. The pile of presents we had prepared to shower upon him when I was breastfeeding have remained in the drawer. It is very early days we know……but so far so good! I will be reminding them of these halcyon days when they are having massive slanging matches when they’re older!
Awwwwwwwwww!
Dadda and his son and daughter



6 Comments:
That is just beautiful! (blub blub!) You can see how pleased he is to be a big brother, and how doting a dad J is too! Your room sounded unbelievable, how appropriate was it to have a special Finn window?! Were you in the same hospital last time too?
That's SOOOOO beautiful :) I KNEW he'd be a fabby big bro!
I'm meant to be giving birth at home, so I'll have the same kind of luxury level as you did I guess (hahahahaha, who the hell am I trying to kid?!!)
You didn't say how YOU are doing, hope you are feeling well, apart from that massive buzz of being a new mummy :)
awwwww! what a lovely family you are :0) do you keep saying he/him instead of she/her, it took me aaaages to get my head round that with jess! soooo pleased for you all :0) i bet finn will remain in caring big bro mode for ever, he looks so proud of his lil sis!
What a lovely story of big brother meeting little sis, hope they will always be so close and loving. Finn sounds like such a sweetheart. Your hospital room sounds like a hotel room!
How are you getting on as a mummy of two?
Bec x
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hello darlin
Hope you don't mind me sharing this but I was just watching Fox News and a story made me think of you.
I can't find a link to the story on their site but here's the article on CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/
conditions/01/18/cf.saltwater/
index.html
Basically they've found a link that shows people with CF who surf have less problems with the illness and they've traced it to the intake of seawater.
Just thought I'd pass it on
love
Moxie
xxx
Post a Comment
<< Home