The Best (and Fastest!) Two Years of my Life

Today is Finn’s last day of being one. I cannot believe that my little baby boy is all growed up. When did that happen? I thought his first year had flown by, but this year has just zoomed past.
I was thinking today about when he was born and they placed a bundle on my tummy….I lifted up his leg and just said it is a Finn! I had a son. (Although after 36 hours of labour, they could have given me a puppy and I would have been delighted!) I always knew the love for a child was overwhelming, but I wasn’t prepared for just how overwhelming it is. It is an all consuming, I would die for you love.
I cannot believe in the past year how much kids this age change. They really do become proper little people, with their own personalities.
Yes I know I am biased, but Finn is such a happy, happy boy. So many people comment on his sunny personality. He is so cheeky and the biggest flirt ever. When we are out he is always being given sweets and biscuits as he loves to wave at strangers and blow kisses….the more attention he gets, the more he does it. (shame he has decided food is for the weak as he would be a healthy size if he ate all the stuff he was given!)
Despite his pea brain attitude to food, he has so much energy and is constantly on the go; he is scarily strong and loves to swing from monkey bars.
Talking of his pea brain, when he counts he always misses out 3 and 4. Every colour is pink, but you show him a construction site and he can tell you that that one is a bulldozer and it pushes, that is a roller and makes things flat, the digger has a bucket etc etc etc…!!
He has a wicked sense of humour and has lots of in jokes, mainly with Justin. He is such a Daddy’s boy, but always wants me to take him to bed where we have snuggle time. In the morning we always have a special routine of wondering where my morning kiss is…..he looks everywhere including his hands, eyes, mouth, and nose until he finds it and gives me a big smacker and a cuddle. How much do I love that start to my day??!
Even I would be lying if I said he was always sweetness and light….he does have his meltdowns…mainly when he doesn’t get what he wants. He has recently started though putting his head in his hands and saying “so sad” when things aren’t in his favour! Such a drama queen!
I could go on and on about Finn and bore you rigid about the things he says and does etc but I won’t! Instead I will leave you with photos of this afternoon, by the pool. Finn’s last day of being one.
Happy Birthday darling boy, you are getting even more fun if that’s possible!
No, not one by the pool, but Finn minutes old.

Two years, minus one day, later
Oh and I meant to post this a while ago......Finn the Gymnast!!!





6 Comments:
Aww, Finn is a star isn't he! I think I might just ask Jade if she wants a toy boy, he is totally scrummy, and so so clever! Happy Birthday for tomorrow Finn! Have a wicked time!
Auntie Ess. xx
Happy Birthday to a very special little boy!
Love to you all but a big squishy hug and a kiss to Finn! xxx
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FINN!! I hope you are having a great day.
Its amazing how much they change in two years isn't it. I was thinking this the other day when my Aunt said that she couldn't beleive that Lucy wasn't 2 yet (not for another month and a few days). It feels years ago when they were tiny and helpless. Now they are such independant little things.
I love the gymnastics display. J, L and F must be related. We have handstands and roly polys here. Yesterday Jack was practising them in the bath!!!! If they ever meet we will need a padded cell to lock them in!!!
Nic
xxx
What a lovely post Sasha! Hope you're enjoying Finnkus's birthday celebrations, I'm sure you're all having a blast! I can't wait to show LJ the video clip! He's always putting his head on the ground but never flips over, maybe that's what he's been trying to do then?! What a gorgeous (and very tall!) lil surfer dude Finn is xxx Mwah darlin boy!
Aw Happy Birthday gorgeous Finn! So grown up, two years old and nearly a big brother too! Have a great day :D
Happy Birthday, Finn!
May Love, Health and Happiness be always with you and your family!
xxx
Post a Comment
<< Home