You are now Entering a Hard Hat Zone

Forget Beckham and his obsession for order, my son is obsessed with diggers. My dad (who now calls himself Grandig) sent Finn a parcel containing, amongst many other exciting items, a pretend hard hat with a really cute note detailing instructions on how he had to wear it when diving of the sofa and digging on beaches……. He knows Finn so well!


Finn obviously forgot to listen to his advice.
Last night I was preparing Finn’s tea and can see into the living room from the kitchen. He was sitting on the sofa. Suddenly there is a massive scream and sobs and a little man lying on the floor. Pick him up to see blood everywhere……automatically think, ok nose bleed….is that or isn’t that a sign of concussion….when I notice, it so isn’t the nose, it is his head….he has a hole in his forehead so deep I can see the bone………Sofas, jumping and marble floors don’t mix by the way…
Grabbed my bag and ran out of the apartment, lift took forever of course. Ran down to the guard house and they rang an ambulance as there was no way we could taxi it and in my rush to get out didn’t even think of ringing one!!!! Siren blaring we rushed to hospital and the blood continued to pour. Finn was crying, but amidst the heart wrenching sobs he was pointing and saying “Dig Dig” as he saw diggers, cranes and cement mixers whiz past the window.
He had calmed down by the time we were at the hospital but heaven forbid anyone who came near him to attempt to look at his head!
Luckily Justin turned up just as they were about to x-ray as being pregnant, I wouldn’t have been allowed in and I knew that would be awful for the munchkin to go off with a stranger. Justin says he will never forget walking into the hospital and seeing Finnbin with a massive bandage on his head and both of us covered in blood.
To cut a long story short, Finn had to be stitched up (Hmmmmmm, that was fun, him being held down by three people whilst they repaired the hole in his head! Such horrible screams, as they had to cover up his eyes too. Just awful bless him) and he is as right as rain. Giggling, running around, being Finn really. Came home to all the blood and carnage. I was still shaking and playing it back again and again in my head. Feeling soooooo guilty. I was also worried as I hadn’t felt the baby move.
Finn??? Well he just climbed back onto the sofa and looked ready to do it all again!
That hard hat is gonna be permanently glued to his bloody head I can tell you!


7 Comments:
Aww (((((Sasha, Finn & Justin))))) God that boy wears a hard hat with so much style though, he can definately work the cameras!
Massive hugs to you all!
E. x
Sounds like it was so much worse for you than him Sasha! It did make me laugh to read how he was still pointing out the diggers!
Men eh (even very little ones!) Hope his head gets better super-quick.
OMG Sasha. I hope you have stopped shaking. Typical eh, just going back and contemplating sofa diving again? I would be laying pmattresses all over the floor. Either that or gluing one to his head!!
I hope Finns head gets better super quick.
Nicxxx
Poor Finn, you do have a little dare devil there though don't you? Josh has been to hospital once or twice too. Last time he had his head superglued back together!
Hope he is feeling better - although I bet you felt worse than he did really!
Sue
xxx
Oh my darlin! You must have been freaking out with worry! It's the worst feeling in the world not being able to take the pain away for them - brave brave little man having stitches! Grandig needs to be sending Finn some 'nomorenails' for securing that hardhat to his head, don't worry, you can just cut it off his hair once he's 5 or so...
OMG!!!
Glad Finnbo is well and hope you'll forget this incident v soon too! Nia keeps on jumping off the sofa so much, I installed 2 thick blankets on the floor. Still have a heart attack every time she just stands up on the goddamn sofa!
grrrr...
xx
K
What a terrible experience you had to go through.
Make sure you superglue that helmet on to his head!
Hope he (and you and Justin!) soon recover and that he won't be doing it again in a hurry (although if he is anything like Reece it won't put him off!)
Take care
Bec x
Post a Comment
<< Home