The How
So how did he do it???
This was what I constantly asked myself for ages after the proposal. It took a good few days to realise the boat hadn’t broken down, it was all staged so it was silent, there was only us on the tour cos he had booked the whole boat, he didn't really have a cold, just wanted to throw me off in case I had guessed. No way had I guessed! I was sooooo shocked and as Justin says it is the only time he has seen me dumbstruck! (Didn't last long!!) I just kept saying but how? But how? But how? Still cannot believe he did it! I had no idea at all.
He asked a couple of really good friends to take the board across to Bintan and at the ferry terminal it was picked up by the firefly company who assembled it onto a boat that was then hidden in the mangroves so all I saw were the white lights.

When we arrived back on shore my friends were there and the company had organized an Indonesian band to play for us! They had decorated the place with plants and had champagne for us! All unbeknown to Justin. They played really cheesy music and made us dance! All the locals had come out to see us and we were just blown away by the whole evening. We just kept giggling!


I really wanted to share the news with my Dad as soon as I could and Justin produced a letter he had sent to him telling him of what he planned to do. I rang Dad in tears (what a surprise...Sasha crying!) and the band asked Dad had to request a song, he chose Moon River, very apt!
I was on such a high for so long afterwards and couldn't wait to marry this man. Didn't have long to wait..................... Three weeks later we were married!
That story to follow!!!
This was what I constantly asked myself for ages after the proposal. It took a good few days to realise the boat hadn’t broken down, it was all staged so it was silent, there was only us on the tour cos he had booked the whole boat, he didn't really have a cold, just wanted to throw me off in case I had guessed. No way had I guessed! I was sooooo shocked and as Justin says it is the only time he has seen me dumbstruck! (Didn't last long!!) I just kept saying but how? But how? But how? Still cannot believe he did it! I had no idea at all.
He asked a couple of really good friends to take the board across to Bintan and at the ferry terminal it was picked up by the firefly company who assembled it onto a boat that was then hidden in the mangroves so all I saw were the white lights.

When we arrived back on shore my friends were there and the company had organized an Indonesian band to play for us! They had decorated the place with plants and had champagne for us! All unbeknown to Justin. They played really cheesy music and made us dance! All the locals had come out to see us and we were just blown away by the whole evening. We just kept giggling!


I really wanted to share the news with my Dad as soon as I could and Justin produced a letter he had sent to him telling him of what he planned to do. I rang Dad in tears (what a surprise...Sasha crying!) and the band asked Dad had to request a song, he chose Moon River, very apt!
I was on such a high for so long afterwards and couldn't wait to marry this man. Didn't have long to wait..................... Three weeks later we were married!
That story to follow!!!

4 Comments:
Aww S, even I'm crying now!!! Can I borrow him??? My address is...
Ess. x
Oh for goodness' sakes!!!!!!
Just how much showing off can one girl do???????
Hehe Sash, just jealous! How fab!
Will I need a new hat for the next instalment? ;)
3 weeks!!!!???
How the hell did you manage that??
Wow how romantic and special. What a lovely story to be able to tell Finn when he is older.
Looking forward to the next installment so don't keep us waiting too long!
Bec x
Post a Comment
<< Home