Turn to the Next Page.......

I was loving my new life. The people I had met were fantastic and as for all year round sunshine…well……!
I was having one of those amazing nights. You know the ones, you haven’t drunk that much (Hic…. Hic…. honestly!), yet you are on an incredible high. Complete adrenalin. Life is good and it is Friday night feeling. You can’t stop smiling. All is well with the world.
I’d been for a yummy meal with some girlie friends and we’d been to a couple of bars, had lots of giggles before ending up at The Next Page. How ironic that I was about to turn to the next page of my life.
Walked in and was desperate for the loo, (as always!) and proceeded to shake my booty across the dance floor to join the queue. As I was on my merry (hic!) way, I saw these two men pretending to do karate moves to each other ( Oh Gawd, what was I thinking!!!) I did a couple of kicks as I walked between them and am sure I said a few crap expressions like hi-yah as I frantically waved my arms in the air.
Having fought the throng for the loos, I joined my pals back at the bar. Felt a tap on my shoulder, turned round and there was a very tall man threatening me with some Bruce Lee impressions …………..
We got talking and the Karate Kid wannabe turned out to be called Justin. An Australian. We talked all night (no snogs! I didn’t want anything remember! I was off men!) He asked for my phone no. I refused but gave him my e-mail address.
On the way home, a friend was grilling me all about him and I was laughing how when we got married we would have Kung Fu Fighting played at our wedding!
The next morning I woke to an email from a certain man. I replied. He replied. I replied. This went on for at least two weeks. Several e-mails a day. They were the highlight of my day. Such funny, flirty, gorgeous e-mails that make me smile when I think about them. Months after we got together, Justin had them all printed and bound into a book. Makes brilliant reading, especially knowing the outcome! Anyway, e-mail relationship….a friend from the UK came to visit and read all the messages and was gobsmacked I hadn’t arranged a meet up. Buoyed by her enthusiasm (and quite a few vodkas!) I asked to meet him.
Kaz came with me and that was it. I was sooooo nervous and was worried I wouldn’t recognize him. What if I liked him and he didn’t like me? What if he was lovely in e-mail only? What if? What if? I needn’t have worried. We talked all night.
I was hooked.
Two weeks later, I was in the shower, washing my hair. Wasn’t even thinking about Justin, when a thought flew into my head. You are gonna marry this man.
And I did.
And we played Kung Fu Fighting.

5 Comments:
Hey you. I have goosebumps and feel all teary. God I am so pathetic. And I love your story too. Sniff. xx
Me too Clare, Im weling up! So glad youre writing a blog Splish, I love your style of writing.
That could be straight out of a book - and I'd buy it!
Hey thats a great story.
Nic
x
That's an amazing story Sasha. Way too good to keep to yourself! Thank god you're blogging, it makes for a great read! Keep it coming!
Post a Comment
<< Home