All Shook Up!
Well the earth moved for me darling! Literally! Put the kids to bed for their afternoon nap on Tuesday and as I was shattered, thought I’d lie on our bed and read my book for a while. Had only just made myself comfy when the weirdest feeling came over me. Just felt very dizzy as if the whole room was moving. Sat up but it didn’t make the slightest bit of difference, I still felt so wobbly. Wondered if I had an inner ear infection, or if I was seriously dehydrated…….such a bizarre sensation. Even though the actually feeling only lasted a minute or so, I felt queasy for a good while afterwards. Wasn’t until I turned the news on later that afternoon and found out it had actually been an earthquake in Indonesia that was so large the waves were felt here too. At least I wasn’t going mad!!
Wasn’t until the next day I realised that the novel I was reading at the time was called “Little Earthquakes”!!
In an attempt to get the big headed, fat giraffe a.k.a Tills, off her back, we decided to put her in the door bouncer that was Finn’s. Tills loves it and whenever she is in it, and I mean whenever, Finn has to serenade her, unfortunately his instrument of choice is his drum!!! Which he plays very loudly!
Well, we are off next week on a visit to Oz as Finn has his yearly check up. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I hate this. Beyond hate. Here we merrily go to the doc every few weeks, Finn has a sputum test, and we go home. We can keep our heads firmly buried in that sand. In Australia it all seems a lot more real and we go from room to room where he undergoes lots of tests. The only analogy is a bit like the MOT on your car……!! And then we sit and wait for the results……ok ok we will be waiting in a holiday cottage here, so that makes it all a lot nicer! We are spending a few days there with Justin’s brother’s family. They have 2 girls. Phoebe and Poppy, the same age as our two. Last year Finn aced all his tests and the docs were delighted. No sign of infections, x-rays on his lungs were perfect…….praying we get the same news this time. Postive vibes please peeps!
See you in a couple of weeks! Will leave you with Minn who has stolen my new sunglasses! Mama not got glasses he likes to tell me. Minn got glasses.......little bugger!

Wasn’t until the next day I realised that the novel I was reading at the time was called “Little Earthquakes”!!
In an attempt to get the big headed, fat giraffe a.k.a Tills, off her back, we decided to put her in the door bouncer that was Finn’s. Tills loves it and whenever she is in it, and I mean whenever, Finn has to serenade her, unfortunately his instrument of choice is his drum!!! Which he plays very loudly!
Well, we are off next week on a visit to Oz as Finn has his yearly check up. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I hate this. Beyond hate. Here we merrily go to the doc every few weeks, Finn has a sputum test, and we go home. We can keep our heads firmly buried in that sand. In Australia it all seems a lot more real and we go from room to room where he undergoes lots of tests. The only analogy is a bit like the MOT on your car……!! And then we sit and wait for the results……ok ok we will be waiting in a holiday cottage here, so that makes it all a lot nicer! We are spending a few days there with Justin’s brother’s family. They have 2 girls. Phoebe and Poppy, the same age as our two. Last year Finn aced all his tests and the docs were delighted. No sign of infections, x-rays on his lungs were perfect…….praying we get the same news this time. Postive vibes please peeps!
See you in a couple of weeks! Will leave you with Minn who has stolen my new sunglasses! Mama not got glasses he likes to tell me. Minn got glasses.......little bugger!


6 Comments:
Hehe what a poser!!
Freaky earthquake! I feel a bit like that every other week or so after a bottle of white! ;o)
That's a gorgeous bit of video there, I wish our 2 had had door bouncers but we have a thru lounge so nowhere really to put one up.
Everything crossed for you in Oz babes. Will be thinking of you all.
Ess. xx
Mega vibes your way honey! I'm sure he will fly through his MOT. Here's some kisses and hugs for him from Roxabella...
xoxoxoxoxoxo
Hugs for the earthquake - we had one on Boxing Day and it was bonkers.
Kiss those lovely babes for me and hug yourself from me too
love
Moxie
xx
Oooh, weird about the earthquake and the book!!! Lots of things crossed for you my super honey pie - hope it all goes well in Aus babe. Love you lots Sash - you're a fab friend. xxxx
all is crossed for you tightly, good luck in oz.
love the glasses pic :0)
Healthy vibes winging over the oceans. xxxxx
love, love, LOVE the clip of Tilly! Mine always had so much fun in their bouncer, soon Arlo will be having a go :)
Hugs and love and stuff xx
My mum and dad experienced the same in Jakarta.
Hope everything goes well for Finn in Oz. Am thinking of you all.
Bec x
Post a Comment
<< Home