Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Half Birthday to you...........


Yes, yes, we know…time flies and all that. When you have a baby you cannot believe where the time goes…..they grow so quickly….change so fast….yada yada ya….but oh my God…it is all true!!!!!!!!!!!! Tilly is 6 months old. Half a year. In less time than she has been alive, she will be 1. 1?! Bbbbbbbbut she is my newborn…..my baby baby…
Sadly not any more….time has flown, she has grown so quickly, changed so fast, and is now 26 weeks old…..argh!!!!! Or ‘arf as Finn says when asked how old Tippy is!

And what an ‘arf it has been. Before Tilly Toes was born, I had a big Attack of the Guilts. My poor Finnbin was going to be sharing me, the poor baby wouldn’t know what it was like to have my sole attention, to have days mapped round just him/her. People said, don’t worry it enhances your family life, how right they were.
I feel I should tell a few lies here and say that Finn has had a few moments of jealousy, a few angry moments directed at his sister………but there hasn’t been one. Not a teeny tiny iota. He absolutely adores her, and is just the bestest big brother around. He instinctively knows how to make her laugh, he brings Tilly her toys, telling her she cannot have his in case she puts them in her mouth. If Finn witnesses her doing anything new, he claps his hands and tells her how clever she is. Most mornings he greets her, unprompted with a kiss and a “Mornin’ Tiel” (Owen, bro in law to be, came up with this spelling of how Finn pronounces Till…..sounds like he was born within the sound of Bow Bells!) If we go out, he always has to check Tippy is coming too. I could go on and on about how much he loves her. I read in a book that if the older sibling shows no sign of jealously it should ring alarm bells……..well in that case we are being deafened by jingling jangling ringing….....
And in return, Tiel loves her big brother. He has her in fits of laughter…she cranes her neck to find him, the smiles she gives him are just the best……
I have had some of the best moments in my life in the past 6 months seeing my two together, and as much as I loathe seeing Tilly grow up, seeing the way they interact more and more is just amazing. Not a day goes past where I don’t get all choked up at the sight of them together.
Of course it could all go belly up tomorrow……..one reason they get on so well, is that Tilly is a lazy arse. Finn was crawling at five months, by this age he was attempting the stairs……Tilly????? Oh she is soooooooooo like me………just lies there, watching, taking it all in!!! She is the easiest baby ever. I can put her down, and I know she’ll still be there if I leave the room. She just pivots to where she wants to be, which to be honest isn’t very far from where I put her…..too much like hard work! So I am not distracted by worrying about where she is, and she is not disturbing Finn’s games and toys by grabbing them and crawling all over his play area.
Tilly is just like her brother was, in that she only cries if she is tired. Unlike Finn though she is crap at getting herself to sleep if she is overtired….she has a small window of opportunity where you can put her down wide awake and she’ll sleep, but if you miss it she lets you know! She still has 3 naps a day, but very rarely do they last more than an hour. And she likes peace and quiet……….yeah like she is going to get that when sharing a house with Minn and Justin……….feel I spend lots of time nagging that Tilly is asleep so shut up!!!
I have to hold my hands up to comparing Finnkus and Tilly……..especially as they are both August babies so it is easy to think back to this time two years ago……in some ways they are so similar, but in others, complete opposites. One thing I love so much is that Tippy sucks her fingers….the whole time! (Sure this will drive me crazy when she is older!) This is such a Till thing and really makes her an individual……….I know that sounds mad and of course she is her own person, but this is her trademark.

Not even going to re-read this as I know it is going to come across as arrogant and as if I am showing off at how well they get on, and although it sounds as if I am, I am not…I promise! It is just that I would be lying if I said there were problems!
Now, life isn’t that perfect though! Tilly is a pain at night. At 3 months she was sleeping through the night………did it for 10 nights…………and hasn’t since! Rule no, 1, don’t tell anyone they sleep through until it has been at least 2 years!! Generally she is awake once or twice, but the other night she was awake 5 times……5 times??!!!! Er hello! She has started on solids now so hoping this will fill her up…….bloody better!
I am tired…..i didn’t know it was possible to be so tired and still to function normally. (whatever normal means!) I do still feel guilty that I divide my time, but I do know their lives are enriched by each other. I know that my life is enriched by these two little munchkins. I often look at them and cannot quite believe they are mine.




Tilly's first taste of proper food........well if you can call baby rice that!








Tilly and her Trademark!












Even in the bath!!! Got a photo of Tippy in the pool for the first time and she is still sucking on those fingers, but Blogger being an arse again and not letting me upload.....
















7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats the V best one yet! Love oo Tiel, love oo yummy.....a few photos of binkus though yeah...

10:43 pm  
Blogger Nic said...

Wow, 6months already? I has gone fast, hasn't it?
Bless Tilly. Lou does the same thing with her fingers. In fact she is laid out on the settee next to me at the mo, sucking away on the same fingers as Tilly. Watch out for when she hooks her little finger up and gives herself a nose bleed!!
I love watching them grow up together and know exactly what you mean. They have their own best friend at home all the time.
Happy half birthday Missy
xxxx

11:39 pm  
Blogger phillllippppa! said...

awww happy arf birfday tilly :0) nathan and jess were/are very close and i then i had moll so they had each other so we have never had Jealousy here either, BUT i think this time moll is going to a bit put out and i will experience the green eyed monster! ooh and tilly sounds spookily like all my 3, they spend the first 8 months lying on their backs on a sheepskin rug, moll was my earliest to walk at 15 months! life is soooooooo easy when they are lazy moos isnt it! aww she looks gorgeous with her fingers in her mouth :0) bless her! think she is entitletd to not being great at night cos she looks sooo lovely!

11:47 pm  
Blogger Sam said...

Aww! Such a cutie, sucking her fingers! Happy 'Arf Birthday to you Tilly Tippy Toes! Long may you & your brother get along - and good luck with filling your tummy up with all the new yummy foods your mummy is gonna be giving you, hope it helps you sleeeeeep darling girl!

You're such an inspiring mummy Sasha, you've coped with the transition of being mum of 1, to mum of 2 sooo well - If I do half as well.....*sigh*....you're fab - have a bloomin large toast to yourself tonight xxx

6:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Pictures as always Sash. Can't believe how much Finn & Tilly have grown since we left. Miss you guys so much.

Uncle Oh-winnn

10:06 pm  
Blogger Clare said...

6 bloomin months already?! Glad you have enjoyed them, not hard to see why :)

She looks so adorable sucking her fingers, Arlo is my 3rd thumb sucker, but he sucks his left one so I am wondering if he will be left handed?

I was thinking of you the other day when we were in Bakers oven (again LOL!) xx

10:11 pm  
Blogger Bobbie said...

Oh my - that's gone soooooooo quickly. I remember getting your text message in Ireland that your lovely girl had been born - it's gone way too fast! Happy Birthday Tills. You're not at all bragging about your kids - you're too lovely for that. Your babies are absolutely lush Sash and I love those photos of your girlie. xxxxx

8:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home