Ugh to Bye Byes
Helllooooo! Not been around for ages as my gorgeous little sis and her man have been out here for 3 weeks. Now sitting here, miserable as sin, on New Year’s Eve, as Justin has taken them to the airport. Bugger. Going to miss them so much. Had such an amazing time with them. It really hurt to say goodbye and is one of the absolute worst things about living abroad. Finn absolutely adored spending time with Auntie Anna (Nanna in Finn speak) and Uncle Owen (Oh-winnn) They are just utterly brilliant with the kids and are total naturals. I would trust them with their lives. Finn drove me up the bloody wall though as if Nanna or Oh-winnn dared to go to the loo, disappear in a shop, go into another room, we had big traumas………Nanna gorne…….Oh-winnn gorne………..over and over again until they reappeared………….Gawd knows what is gonna happen tomorrow when Finnkus wakes up to no best friends……………boring old Mamma is just not the same!
Anna and Owen arrived 3 weeks ago, stayed for one night then buggered of to two Thai islands for a few days……..me, jealous? Hell yes!
We picked them up at the airport, just as they came through arrivals, Finn fell over and was complaining to Anna of his ouchooo hands…….Anna said she too had an ouchooooo hand. I was v concerned and asked what had happened….she showed me her hand and explained it was because of the massive diamond on her left hand!!!!! Owen had proposed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can honestly say, and Owen its not just cos you read my Blog, but if I could chose anyone in the world for my sister, it would be him. He is just the loveliest, loveliest guy. So a trip home for us in 2008 for the wedding…although I am trying to persuade them to get married out here!!!
Will be back soon with photos of our Christmas which was fab (Finn was still opening his presents on Thursday evening………!)Will leave you with one of the happy couple and Finn’s other parents!! They’ve only been gone 30 minutes and I miss them loads! Trying to persuade them to come out in August when my big sis and her family are.
Anyway, enough of my emotional rambles.......Have a brilliant 2007 everyone. Here's to a happy, healthy, safe New Year. xxxxxxxxx

Anna and Owen arrived 3 weeks ago, stayed for one night then buggered of to two Thai islands for a few days……..me, jealous? Hell yes!
We picked them up at the airport, just as they came through arrivals, Finn fell over and was complaining to Anna of his ouchooo hands…….Anna said she too had an ouchooooo hand. I was v concerned and asked what had happened….she showed me her hand and explained it was because of the massive diamond on her left hand!!!!! Owen had proposed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can honestly say, and Owen its not just cos you read my Blog, but if I could chose anyone in the world for my sister, it would be him. He is just the loveliest, loveliest guy. So a trip home for us in 2008 for the wedding…although I am trying to persuade them to get married out here!!!
Will be back soon with photos of our Christmas which was fab (Finn was still opening his presents on Thursday evening………!)Will leave you with one of the happy couple and Finn’s other parents!! They’ve only been gone 30 minutes and I miss them loads! Trying to persuade them to come out in August when my big sis and her family are.
Anyway, enough of my emotional rambles.......Have a brilliant 2007 everyone. Here's to a happy, healthy, safe New Year. xxxxxxxxx


11 Comments:
Sorry your sis has gone honey but congrats on her engagement! They sound like a lovely couple.
Thanks for the hugs - much appreciated. I feel better for getting it off my chest to be honest as it has just been going round and round and that way madness lies!
Lots of love and sparkly vibes for the New Year darlin
xxx
Awww lovely!!!!
Happy New Year to you all those miles away xxxxxxxx
Happy new year me lovely!! Your sis and her (very handsome) man look like a lovely couple. I think you should come over here for the wedding so we can all have a massive get together somewhere! What a fab idea!!! Loads of love to you all, Ess. x
Happy New Year gorgeous. Really sorry your sis has gone my lovely - I used to loathe saying goodbye to Nick and it never got any easier. Hope they have the wedding over here - I agree with Ess, a big get together would be fab!!!xxxx
Happy new year, hun. Sorry about your sis and her fiance (!) going home. I hate good-byes too. Has Finn got over the loss yet?
So we all want to know how many dig-digs he got for Christmas ;o)
As for storage boxes. Humph. I bought more before Christmas and we still need more!!!
xx
Aww Sasha, your comment made me fill up (in a lovely way of course!). I'm so excited about meeting this little miss and starting a new phase of our lives.
We got the cord blood collection kit in the post today so am really pleased about that too - although CF has to collect it as the Drs won't do it. He doesn't mind though - he loves the thought of playing Doctor :o)
xxx
Happy New Year hun, I'm so pleased you've had a great Christmas period with your sis and that Finnkus has been bonding with his fave auntie! Goodbyes are the worst, but they sound so happy and I'll bet it won't be long before they're planning another holiday out there in the sun with you! And you are not a boring mamma, you nutter! Hellllloooo? You go to the beach every week, I can't imagine you have to drag him kicking & screaming! lol!
Happy New Year to you and your family. Hope 2007 is a good one for you.
I hate goodbyes too, just had to say goodbye to my parents as they are now living in Indonesia, they had a stop over at Raffles in Singapore!
Congratulations to your sister, she will have a lovely pageboy and bridesmaid!
Bec x
Hey Honey,
How did Finn do at nursery today? I hope he had great fun and you had some nice time with Tills.
Nic
xxx
Hey Sasha, how are you doing hun? I've tagged you to do a five things about me thingy. Its on my blog....if you have five minutes to spare.
Hope you are all ok and Mr Finn is enjoying school
xxxx
You multi tasking goddess you!
I hope you enjoyed your night out darlin. Captain Fantastic wants the baby to come on the 7th of Feb too so I'll see what I can do - more raspberry leaf tea for me!
Post a Comment
<< Home