Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tippy Toes Rose


Please excuse me if in this post I call Tilly a mixture of he and she! She may also get called Finn. Poor love! It is just that she reminds me so much of Finnkus when he was a bubba, both in looks and in behaviour. It really is a case of déjà vu. Quite spooky!
I am loving being a mum to a newborn again. Already time is going so quickly. I am soooooo bad at being honest when people ask how old she is. Was just the same with Finn. She will be 3 weeks tomorrow but if anyone asks, she is 2 weeks. Finn was 6 months I think until he was 8 months! And now if anyone asks he has only just had his second birthday…..despite it being a month ago. Mad as when I am pregnant I round it up to the next month….I can be 21 weeks, but if anyone asks…….almost 6 months I’ll reply! Sure there’s some Freudian reason as to why I do this and I bet I am not the only one……at least I hope not!!!

One of the biggest surprises is how it doesn’t feel any different to have a daughter as it did when I had a son. I haven’t ever been one of this people who craved a girl, I really didn’t mind what we had. I would have been so happy if Tilly had been a boy. The idea of Finn having a brother makes me go all gooey! And of course I love the idea of him having a sister too! But I was surprised by how normal it feels to have a girl……hmmmmm, that really makes no sense does it?!! Although changing a girl’s nappy is mad…..all those creases to clean!!!

It also feels very normal in having her here……like she is where she belongs. When I was in the hospital, Finn and Justin came to visit, I was feeding Tilly, Finn was playing on the floor and I said to J, “This just feels so right,”

The one difference between the two of them is that Tilly loves to suck! She has already found her hand and chews that lots. She also seems to always want a nipple in her mouth…..have been letting her have it as well, cos it is soooooo hot here at the moment that I do worry about her dehydrating. So easily done. So she is constantly having a quick drink. But by the end of the day my milk supply is pretty pants, so during the day I express a bottle that she has after her bath, so I know she has had a good feed. This means she can sleep for about 5 hours straight, before waking in the night….fab! Then it is a case of whatever will be will be for the rest of the night! Could be every hour or every 3. She did take to waking at 430am to start the day. Regular as clockwork, 430am comes, she wakes. Last couple of nights she has gone back to sleep though so fingers crossed. But it is such early days it can all change!!! And she is doing OK, could be soooo much worse!!! I look back on Finn’s newborn phase with rose tinted glasses as I know he wasn’t sleeping any better than Tilly is, yet to hear me speak about it, you’d think he was doing 14 hours straight off and making me a cooked breakfast too!!

The days are pretty much a free for all as regards her sleeping and feeding. I have tried to stick to Finn’s routine of music class, playdates and still having his little mates round as I don’t want him to feel like things have changed now his sister is here. So poor Tills is dragged round the houses literally! Oh don’t you just love guilt!!! I feel guilty that she doesn’t have any pals her age!!!! Her life revolves around Finn’s!!!!




Tilly at the beach working on her tan.......had to laugh at Phil's jaundice comment!! The lucky madam was born with lovely skin.....she is going to go a gorgeous colour in the sun!!!



What a surprise.......Finn kissing Tippy Toes........! He is addicted to his sister. Sleep time i have to make sure her door is firmly closed or he is in there kissing and tickling her. Not good!


12 Comments:

Blogger Clare said...

You mean Finn *isn't* onto the brekkie making stage yet??? haha ;)

You know, until you have 2 kids, you just can't explain how it is....new babies just somehow slot into place as though they've always been there, it's the strangest thing! And I remember people saying to me how strange it must have been to have a boy after 3 girls...erm NOPE, he was just a baby with different bits!

I hope G will be as fab a big bro as Finn obviously is, he's just wonderful with his little sis awwww!

8:43 pm  
Blogger Sue said...

Sasha you softy you! That photo at the beach is just adorable!

xxx

9:58 pm  
Blogger So long, farewell! said...

Glad you are all doing so well - your post is brimming with love and gorgeousness!

You really do have a beautiful family.

love and hugs

Moxie

2:48 am  
Blogger EG said...

OMG she is just a mini Finn! Gorgeous kiddiwinkles babes, give them both a huuuuuge kiss from auntie Ess!!!

3:41 am  
Blogger Nic said...

Aww that last photo is lovely. I think the second child fits around the first and they are more placid because of it (?!) haha see I'm saying that and Lou was until about 6months ago.
Tilly looks lovely and it looks like Finn is really loving being a big bro.
Take care,
Nic
xxx

11:26 pm  
Blogger phillllippppa! said...

ahhh more lovely pics! you wait til you have #3 poor molls was dragged out on 8.30 school runs from 2 weeks i think she spent her first 6 months in the pram as we were always going somewhere!, sooo glad she's not jaundiced lol! i honestly have said that at least 1/2 a dozen times very embarresing!. glad everything is chugging along nicely for you :0) i found going from 1 to 2 a bit of a shocker 2 to 3 was a doddle 3 to4 god knows! lol at you lying about time scales, molls was only 2 the other day in this house!

3:09 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous pics lovely!

They do just fit in dont they? Ruby had to with Tom, no choice. I was on my own and Tom was a baby himself. I thought it was so importnant to keep to his routine.

Poor Sonny now, he doesnt stand a chance. I call Mondays and Thurs my days off because all the other 3 are in school and nursery. Its such a luxury to have one child and be able to do whatever hos heart desires....um sleep and eat then! LOL

Much love xxxxxxxxxxxxx

3:34 am  
Blogger Nic said...

I hope you are all alright and getting on ok. Sit down because I have actually written my entry on Grandma. Michael has just come in from work and wants to know why I am bawling at the computer. I blamed you!!
Nic
xxx

5:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just loved seeing the pics of Tilly and Finn. Would just love to give her a great big hug and squeeze, but have to content myself with seeing her on your blog site.
So proud of both of you
Granny

5:53 pm  
Blogger Sue said...

Hope you are OK Missus. You've gone all quiet!

xx

10:46 pm  
Blogger Clare said...

Hey you! I *neeeeeed* updated pics!!!! Hope you are all having a blast now you are 4 :)

11:19 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

We NEED more photos!!
How are you doing? Hope you are getting on ok with those two adorable children of yours.
Take care and keep in touch even if you can only manage a line or two we want to hear how you all are.
Bec x

9:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home