A Rosie View of the World........
.........well, it would be if we could actually see!! Singapore has been suffering from terrible haze as a result of Indonesia burning down trees. Basically it is as if we have been covered in a huge blanket of smoke. Just awful. We even gave the beach a miss at the weekend so it must have been bad.
You can read about it here
edited to say that this post was written days ago but Blogger is only letting me post this now!!! grrrrrrr and it won't let me upload photos I have. Buggerations!
Thanks again for all your lovely comments about my children. I quite often say to Justin that I know all parents wear rose tinted glasses when it comes to the kids and that their babes are always the best looking, the cutest, the cleverest, the funniest……but ours really are gorgeous aren’t they and it isn’t just rose tinted glasses……..or is it???!! Are we the only ones that think they are stunning??? It is amazing how blinkered you become when you have children…..but mine really are gorgeous…..!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha!
Well, Till continues to be a fab baby at night. Just waking once or sometimes twice. Can do that fine. Days are still a bit hit and miss. I postponed a playdate this morning as I was determined that she would have a nap. She is asleep now and has been for 3 hours….heaven! As Finn is asleep too having his lunchtime nap I have got so much done……well on the computer at least! I have had to move Tills out of her Moses basket at 5 weeks as she was pushing down on her heels, arching her back and moving up the bed and whacking her head on the top of the basket…grrrrrr. Two weeks ago I went into her room in the morning and she was down the end of the cot with her feet through the bars…….I showed Justin and we just assumed I had put her back into bed at the bottom in the middle of the night as I was so sleepy………..however, on a regular basis, Tills wakes herself up by somehow (how??!!!) moving all the way down and ends up with her legs trapped. She is also determined to roll over and gets frustrated when she only manages to get herself on her side……..so much for having a newborn who doesn’t move and can be left anywhere! But heck, as loads of you commented on her video when she was 30 minutes old, she was always going to be a livewire. Finn was the same and I really was hoping she wouldn't take after her brother.
Despite her lack of sleep, Tippy Toes is the happiest baby ever (see? Rose tinted glasses!), and has developed this totally gorgeous chuckle that melts your heart and brings tears to your eyes. She is a contented madam as long as she is seeing what’s going on; she’s happy under her playgym and can lay there for ages. Nic, you asked if she sleeps when we are out….fat chance! Generally we are at other people’s houses and there is no way she will risk missing out on the goings on. If we are out walking and there’s nothing to look at then she may drop off but opens her eyes occasionally to check nothing exciting has happened whilst she gave in to sleep!! Oh God listen to me moan! She is a good girl really and I cannot complain…..just tell me to shut up!! Am sure if we stayed at home more then she would sleep, but then Finn would be climbing the walls and be a mardy arse! So cannot win!!
OK, will stop my moaning and waffle….must be very boring to read!
(Edited again to say a big Happy Birthday to Justin for Sunday.........sorry there's no present!!!)
You can read about it here
edited to say that this post was written days ago but Blogger is only letting me post this now!!! grrrrrrr and it won't let me upload photos I have. Buggerations!
Thanks again for all your lovely comments about my children. I quite often say to Justin that I know all parents wear rose tinted glasses when it comes to the kids and that their babes are always the best looking, the cutest, the cleverest, the funniest……but ours really are gorgeous aren’t they and it isn’t just rose tinted glasses……..or is it???!! Are we the only ones that think they are stunning??? It is amazing how blinkered you become when you have children…..but mine really are gorgeous…..!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha!
Well, Till continues to be a fab baby at night. Just waking once or sometimes twice. Can do that fine. Days are still a bit hit and miss. I postponed a playdate this morning as I was determined that she would have a nap. She is asleep now and has been for 3 hours….heaven! As Finn is asleep too having his lunchtime nap I have got so much done……well on the computer at least! I have had to move Tills out of her Moses basket at 5 weeks as she was pushing down on her heels, arching her back and moving up the bed and whacking her head on the top of the basket…grrrrrr. Two weeks ago I went into her room in the morning and she was down the end of the cot with her feet through the bars…….I showed Justin and we just assumed I had put her back into bed at the bottom in the middle of the night as I was so sleepy………..however, on a regular basis, Tills wakes herself up by somehow (how??!!!) moving all the way down and ends up with her legs trapped. She is also determined to roll over and gets frustrated when she only manages to get herself on her side……..so much for having a newborn who doesn’t move and can be left anywhere! But heck, as loads of you commented on her video when she was 30 minutes old, she was always going to be a livewire. Finn was the same and I really was hoping she wouldn't take after her brother.
Despite her lack of sleep, Tippy Toes is the happiest baby ever (see? Rose tinted glasses!), and has developed this totally gorgeous chuckle that melts your heart and brings tears to your eyes. She is a contented madam as long as she is seeing what’s going on; she’s happy under her playgym and can lay there for ages. Nic, you asked if she sleeps when we are out….fat chance! Generally we are at other people’s houses and there is no way she will risk missing out on the goings on. If we are out walking and there’s nothing to look at then she may drop off but opens her eyes occasionally to check nothing exciting has happened whilst she gave in to sleep!! Oh God listen to me moan! She is a good girl really and I cannot complain…..just tell me to shut up!! Am sure if we stayed at home more then she would sleep, but then Finn would be climbing the walls and be a mardy arse! So cannot win!!
OK, will stop my moaning and waffle….must be very boring to read!
(Edited again to say a big Happy Birthday to Justin for Sunday.........sorry there's no present!!!)

8 Comments:
Happy Birthday Justin!
We have all been bless with gorgeous babies haven't we! Can't wait to see some vid of Tilly chuckling! No more pictureless posts please, we want to see more pics of your beautiful children!
E. x
Hope you had a nice time for Justin's birthday!
Bless Tilly wriggling about!She sounds like a livewire :)
You really do produce beautiful children, absolutely gorgeous! Tilly sounds like she is behaving like an angel too :o)
As for puppies - DH has named her Princess Leia but baby names are under wraps for the mo :o)
xxx
Happy birthday Justin. I hope you had a good day!!
LOl at Tilly not wanting to miss anything. At least she is good with her sleep in the night and happy to sit and watch the world around her. You would think that watching her brother zoom around the place would be enough to wear her out?!
Nic
xx
Happy birthday Justin! Hope you managed to get the kids to bed and have a lovely meal together. The smog pic in the link looks dreadful, no wonder you passed on the beach outing! SIL says it gets pretty bad in HK some days but I can't imagine it's as bad as that. Still - could be worse, being forced to stay locked away with 2 gorgeous little Stockleys all weekend!!
of course your babies are bootiful! def not wearing rose tinted specs :0), glad all continues to go well, were you sad you had to take her out of the moses basket :0( i would have been! looking forward to seeing i a piccy post soon. thankyou for being so supportive and thrilled for me over on my blog, means alot :0)
Happy belated bday to Justin honeybunch!
Your posts are never waffly, I did come and read on here and totally forgot to pop back and comment, sorry!!
Big huge love and hugs to you my gorgeous! Your babies are scrummy too :))
xxxxxxxxx
hope you find some time to wrench yourself away from toy # 1, and actually spend time with your poor husband and children!
happy Christmas!
Post a Comment
<< Home