Friday, October 06, 2006

Guilt, Guilt, Guilt!






Hellloooooo! Thanks for all the lovely comments and e-mails wondering where I was! I am here!
Just been a busy girlie with my two munchkins, nothing exciting! Although of course getting to know a new little person is pretty exciting in itself!
Tilly is just gorgeous and is a little star. Am in awe of how much I love her. I do feel v sorry for her though…..Finn was such a brilliant baby. He had obviously realised he was going to be born to two first time, inexperienced, oh my God what are we doing parents, so therefore did lots of reading in the womb…clever sod my son is!!! So when he came out he knew what to do, when to sleep, when to feed, how to get himself to sleep…..so we just sat back! Didn’t realise just how spoilt we were until Tills came along!!! And she is a good girl, she really is….always happy and smiley, but this time we are having to actually work at this baby lark!!! Tippy Toes obviously didn’t have the womb that came with a library attached! Sleep during the day is for the weak she has decided. She is pertrified of going to sleep and missing out on something…If there was a World Babyweight Sleep Fighting Championship, my little girl would win the belt (or whatever it is that boxers win!) every time!! She is great at night however, only waking once, sometimes twice. Although she does take a while to go off. Only a handful of times has she been asleep by 7pm, more often than not it isn’t until 9pm. See? She isn’t bad…….it is just that Finn was sooooo good Having said all this she is only 7 weeks (Gulp!!! How quickly is time going??!!) so plenty of time to get sorted….or so I keep telling myself! Poor little Till! Promise I won’t always be comparing the two!! Bet this girl will eat though unlike her bro! (He is getting much better though……..a post on that another day!!!) She is now over 10lb and incredibly long. Over 57cm already! Eeeeek! At this rate they will both be towering over me!

I have also been suffering badly from an Attack of the Guilts.
Guilty that I don’t spend enough quality time with Finnkus and guilty that I don’t spend enough quality time with Tilly. Argh!!!! So we’ve been out every morning, and every afternoon too, doing lots of exciting things with his little mates. I can honestly say if I see one more bouncy castle I will scream! They are only 5 minutes away and it costs a quid for half an hour on about 6 huge inflatables. Finn loves it and it is a good way for him to burn off his excess energy off which he has far too much. If we aren’t out of the house by 10am, he is climbing the walls and being a general right royal pain in da butt! Gawd knows what he will be like when the rainy season hits next month……..think I may go on holiday…..alone! Quite like it secretly that Tillsie doesn’t always go to sleep till 9pm cos at least I get to cuddle snuggle her in peace! (Justin……ignore that comment, I still have the right to moan and complain!!)

It has taken me two days to write this post……each time I sit down, someone wants something or wakes up……..! So that’s my excuse if it reads all of a muddle! There is loads more I want to say but will do it another time!!! Will leave you with photos which admit is all you really want anyway!!!





Finn's regular afternoon trip out to the bouncies!


My smiley girl....it is sooooo hard to capture her grins on camera!



Finn's new fav t-shirt...thanks G and P!!

Finn trying to wake Tills up!!!


Another regular afternoon activity....



Mutual Appreciation Society..............

Tippy Toes


10 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Aww, so glad you are all doing well. Your babies are sooo lovely. Fancy Tilly not reading up on what she was supposed to be doing when she got here!! Still she sounds like a good girl and it looks like she loves her brother already. Does she sleep when you go out? Thats when Lucy did but she did start sleeping in the day when she got older so there's hope yet for you!!
Finn is looking so grown up now that he has a baby sister to look after.
I hope you are getting rest too!!!
Take care,
Nic
xxx

3:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at her!!! Little porker! She's bigger than my lad already! She does sound like a good girl but its so nice to have a baby that sleeps in the day too. I am v spoilt with Sonny (but, hey I deserve it after my first 2 buggers!)
Guilt..mmm, now what does that mean? Oh yes, thats that feeling I have constantly and have had as a companion for 8 long years! it never goes away hun. By the sounds of it you have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about though. I do bugger all compared to you. Dora the Explorer and Spongebob are Sylvie's best mates at the moment.

Its hard work isn't it?
Your photos are lovely. catch up soon I hope x

3:46 pm  
Blogger Clare said...

OK, so now I have gone all mushy! OMG she is all growing up and chubby and smiley and....and...and, oooooo, just scrummy :)
How the hell do you manage to get out and about like that? And where do you get all the energy eh?! Lucky kids having you for their mummy!

5:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

It is so good to catch up with what you have been up to and you still have a great sense of humour! I love reading your posts.
I know that guilt feeling only too well. There are never enough hours in the day and there is never enough of you to go around everyone but you just have to look at those lovely two children of yours and their big smiles to see how happy they are.
Lots of love
Bec x

7:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I think your post read very well and can only imagine what it's like being torn left right & centre by two demanding tots. Lovin Finn's t-shirt! And Tilly is growing even more booootiful by the day. Hope you're managing to get some time for you & J somewhere during T's sleepy hours, coz it sounds like your babies get 100% mummy attention at all the great places they visit.

10:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh wow hasn't she grown! Looks so much like her brother too, obviously both your genes took one look at that gorgeous boy of yours and decided they'd got the combination right!

Ah the guilt! That's what motherhood is all about isn't it? Just tamper it. every time you think "aw now Finn has to share me..." also think "....but he has a lovely sister to love him too".


Hugs for the sleep we had it the same way round as you but Jove is finally getting there only waking once a night at 7 months old. I keep trying to forget that Jaya was at that stage at 7 weeks!

10:35 pm  
Blogger phillllippppa! said...

helloooooo! tut tut tilly not swatting up before entering into the world, thats girls for you! i'm sure she will find her routine in the day soon and then you will be sad that you havnt cuddled her for a couple of hours! moll's slept all the time day and night and i can remember feeling secretly relieved that she was sooooo content (ok then a lazy bugger!) that i didnt need to do much for her but also horrendously guilty that a whole day would go past and the only times i held her was to feed her and that was always a short affair of 10 mins. you are doing brilliantly, just dont wear yourself out trying to be supermummy, Thankyou for being so lovely to me on my blog about my results :0) i never realised you had those odds with tilly, my odds seem fab compared to that hardly odds at all and now here she is nothing wrong with her at all :0). lovely pics of your 2some soooo beautiful :0)

3:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh Sasha, gorgeous pics of Finn and Tilly. You must be so proud of them both and be proud of yourself too for producing such beautiful offspring!! Never feel guilty, I am sure that you lavish both of your little sweeties with as much love and attention as they need. Take care. Becky (whose only anonymous cus she is at work and can't remember any of her blogger passwords!) xxx

8:22 pm  
Blogger Al said...

God you have such gorgeous children Sasha!

I had a Finn the second time round with Jack, and a Tilly the first time round with Phil (or Mr Moanivator as we used to call him) Daniel was a bit more laid back, a sort of inbetweeeny baby! Imagine though if you had had a Tilly first time round you may have ended up leaving it almost a decade like me before getting round to another!! If I had had Jack first I would have had no.2 within months! My theory is the more work they are as babies the less work they are as toddlers and my first two were absolutely divine little two year olds, I swear they almost qualified for halos!!

Every parent feels guilty about not spending enough time with one child or another, but you can only do so much in one day. I was very absorbed in Jack when he was born and my older two got a bit left out but we sorted ourselves out eventually, it just takes time.

Keep those pics coming. God I'm broody now!!!!

Alx

6:02 pm  
Blogger Sue said...

We were comparing Joshand Abi the other day, in fact we are always comparing the two of them! All the parents of girls with older brothers say they are far more demanding than their brothers were! I reckon they know they have a big bro to fight with forever!!!

No excuse on the guilt though - you know you signed up to that one as soon as you had Finn, that's what motherhood is all about lol!!

xxx

(my blog addy has chagnd btw!)

11:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home